About Professional Agile
- Professional Agile is a collection of proven practical philosophies and mindset change that delivers business value much faster
- Professional Agile teams self-organise and collaborate to determine the best way to continually deliver the highest priority value
- Professional Agile allows you to rapidly solve complex problems related to your products, services and projects in short iterations
- At the end of each iteration, stakeholder and customer feedback guides professional agile teams as to what is the highest priority value to get done next
- At the end of each iteration, Professional Agile teams review what they’ve completed and what they haven’t and figure out at least one thing to improve on in the next iteration
The three Agile frameworks encompassed within Professional Agile are Professional Scrum, Lean & Kanban
Empowers organizations and teams to deliver customer-centric products and services in short cycles, enabling:
- Fast feedback
- Continuous improvement
- Rapid adaptation to change
- Accelerated delivery
Professional Scrum is at the heart of Professional Agile. Professional Scrum focuses on releasing value fast and iteratively in order to elicit feedback which informs the next highest value work to be undertaken.
Lean is based on the fact that virtually every business represents a value stream which encompasses all the activities required to design, produce, and deliver a product or service of value to customers. Optimising this value stream is the goal of Lean.
The seven principles of Lean development are:
- Eliminate Waste
- Build Quality In
- Create Knowledge
- Defer Commitment
- Deliver Fast
- Respect People
- Optimise the Whole
Simply put if the goal is to deliver as much value to our customers as quickly as possible, then we have to optimise our value streams to be able to achieve it.
Studies show that the human brain processes visual information 60,000 times faster than text. Visual information comprises 90 percent of the data that comes to our brain so Kanban visually represents the state of work enabling us to quickly see bottlenecks which enables us to quickly visualise and prioritise and improve on the flow of Stakeholder value.
Some of the benefits to adopting Kanban include
- Focus on continuous delivery
- Reduction of wasted work / wasted time
- Increased productivity
- Increased efficiency
- Team members’ ability to focus on getting work Done
Some Benefits of Adopting Professional Agile
Because Professional Agile teams are continuously completing only the highest priority chunks of functionality, the business is assured maximum return on investment.
Professional Agile helps organisations:
- Rapidly accelerate delivery from idea to value
- Innovate faster
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Increase employee morale
Throughout this site you’ll get to learn how to adopt Professional Agile, how to find and join a physical trainer led class near you or a trainer led virtual class no matter where you are in the world.